Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Lost in a Feeling/Psycho Football Mom Wields Mascara Wand of Death

So, I was on my way to the fabricTOOL store this morning, and I got hopelessly lost. I knew that I couldn't call my honey for directions, cuz um...well, he knows about me and tools. BYGONES! Anyway, I realized my phone has a bunch of really cool features available, so I checked in and sure enough, there was a navigation program available with a free trial! So, I checked in with it and I was able to find my way merrily along! Anyway, the place I was going was Hancock Fabrics, which is NOT to be confused with THIS Hancock's by any stretch of the imagination. What a load of crap. It was like a really poorly stocked Joanne's, really. So I bought nothing. The End. Now, if you are my honey, please stare at the following:

You are getting sleeeeeepyy and confuuuused...

Now the grownups can continue with their conversation. As I said before, the place was craptacular, and as such, a lot of stuff was on sale. Like THREAD. Now, I'm not going to say that I bought a lot of thread, but those of you who know me...well, lets just leave it at that. Anyway, I wound up having to reuse that navigation program like a million more times to get home because it was so confusing with the directions. But, I really should buy it, because I'm one of those people who gets lost. OFTEN.

Not much else went on today, except my little boy's flag football team won another game, 26-ZIP. It was actually a slaughter. The other kids were very small, very disorganized, had no uniform shirts, and their coach hadn't shown up, so there were high school boys coaching, and the kids wouldn't listen to them and kept arguing with them. Halfway through the game, one of the moms gathered them all up and LOUDLY ripped them all a new one for sassing the boys who were coaching. Applause followed. The funniest thing was, a boy on my son's team recognized her and shrieked, "OHMYGOD, She was my makeup artist when I was in 'Oklahoma!' " before sashaying off to play defense. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

No comments: