Sunday, April 15, 2007

Alterated? Or Ruinated?


Dude, I'm OBSESSED with purses. Not in HAVING them, but making them. I don't know what it is about them. I love looking at them, coming up with new designs or ideas or well, just plain ruining the shit out of them. Behold! A perfectly nice tote that came from Mom-in-Law with my monogram on it. I decided to add a few things to the back. It is colored with Neocolor II pastels and is collaged with fabric printouts, lace, some funky glue-y bead stew (you spread the beads on and they stick) puff paints, rick-rack and magazine clips. It is kind of chaotic, but I have always loved the "encrusted" look of some collages and wanted to go for that effect. Mine are usually too deliberate and wind up with one little thing here...and another little thing over here, etc. I got the idea from "Haute Handbags" which had a NICE example, rather than my abomination. When I got the book, I also got some really cool "Dick and Jane" fabric and made a mini purse for my daughter from a pair of my son's camo pants. It doesn't have a strap yet, because I used up so much of the pants to tweak the pattern that there wasn't enough left, but I'm working on it.













HAHA! It says DICK!

No comments: