Monday, July 25, 2005

The one where I go crepuscular on your ass

I did nothing this weekend. No, I take that back...I DID read through all of http://www.dadgonemad.com LOL! I'm telling you, if you haven't already, go there NOW. Today, I finished 3 of the purple pieced people-eating postcards, and I grumbled at the painted trees, ironed them to set the paints, then grumbled some more...then I proceeded to ruin one! I tried to get the foggy effect in that one birch tree card, but neither the organza or the tulle seemed right. I then used a white charcoal pencil to try to simulate crepuscular rays (see below) and it didn't look right, so now I have white blotchy stripes on the card that look stupid. I'm going to try to use an eraser to get rid of as much as I can. The tree thing is really confounding me, and I have until Sunday to finish the lot of them and get em the hell out of here. Tomorrow, I'm going to mess around with some of that embroidered chiffon and see if I can work a few things out.

No comments: