Saturday, July 23, 2005

The one where I'm a slacker but surf some cool sites

Today I did NOTHING...N-O-T-H-I-N-G!! creative...but I did loaf around and surf blogs for a bit. I found one that is entertaining AND will make almost any wife feel luckier in about 3 minutes. http://whyihatemyhusband.blogspot.com This woman is obviously a smart cookie, and has a hilarious writing style and commentary. It is the sort of thing which defies belief, but I believe every word, because her husband is the composite of just about every bad trait from every guy I've ever been involved with or known well...never before have I heard of so many that exist in one human being! You'll just have to read it. Unfortunately, she's had trouble of late and had to stop posting, but I hope it's just temporary.
In other news, my best friend's little boy was diagnosed with Lyme Disease, so I'll take a moment to provide a PSA for anyone caring to read. If You, your kid or relative has a bugbite with a red rash around it...sorta like a Bullseye...SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION! My oldest son had Lyme meningitis last year, and we never figured it out until he developed Bells Palsy, by that time the disease had developed to the stage that he wound up having to have a lumbar puncture and IV meds for 2 months, and this is not the worst stage of the disease! For more info http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/index.htm check it out, especially if you live in an area with lots of trees or fields.
Anyway, I'm at work...don't know if I'll be able to work on stuff this weekend, but I'll at least finish more of those purple PC's, and maybe start assembling the components for the treePC's. I got an order of nice lime-green baby alpaca in from http://www.elann.com so I might even start a knitting project this weekend.

No comments: