Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Soccer Mom Acknowledgements and a WORD to the Wise(nheimers)

I am trying out my new “blogger for word” application.  Not sure what it is supposed to do, but I will find out.  I used my cool embellisher today; so far, I have replaced 4 broken needles!!!  For those of you not familiar with said “cool embellisher,” it is like a sewing machine with 7 needles that sort of fuse fabrics together.  There is NO thread needed.  I am using sample felted pieces of knitting as ground, and sprinkling scraps, threads and ribbons on top and fusing to make different things.  So far, I’ve made a stupid flower that the average 1st grader would turn up their nose at, and I made a maple leaf today (a la fiberella—http://www.fiberella.com)  But, I didn’t use her pattern, and I didn’t use the roving that she suggests, I used a wooly thread and scraps of an autumn colored plaid dupioni silk that I have.  I will post pictures later.
     I also finished my cursed “Tree” postcards, which have hung around my neck like an albatross for several weeks now.  I did use my embellisher for one of the cards, but it wasn’t too special.  I have an open house at my daughter’s high school tonight, so that should be interesting, then I get to drive daughter to friend’s house (25 miles away) and dispense with her for the night, so that I can go to work, then drive 25 miles in the morning to pick her up so that she can go to her practices in the evening.  She will have 2 practices a day on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays until school starts!  (the one tomorrow is an informal one, but she will need to go to prepare for the ones that are mandatory)  So folks, the time is 5:11pm, and it is official.  I have become a Soccer mom.  I’d like to thank the people who made this possible, Mom, God, My baby daddy, Jesus and Dodge (who makes the grand caravan mini-van that I proudly charter)  (not necessarily in that order.)  
    I have a confession.  I am terrified of the punctuation, grammar and capitalization police.  I have a large vocabulary, and am an accomplished speller, but I have terrible grammar, and a tendency to over-capitalize in my sentences.  I love having a blog, and I love the word “publish”—as in, I am published! Love it, love it, love it.  But, I suck with the damned grammar stuff.  In fact, I have to confess that I have attempted to misspell “grammar” each time I have typed it, but Word caught it and made me go back.  Thank you, Word!  I am only terrified because I go to WAY too many webpages where people who ARE accomplished with grammar, punctuation and appropriate use of capitalization spend a great deal of time expounding on how they just can’t STAND violations of  the above.(which I will henceforth refer to as GPC)  Anyway, for those officers of the English language who are busily writing out summons’to me for my flagrant and wanton destruction of mellifluous sentence structure, I say BAH.  Sue Me.  

No comments: