Wednesday, October 26, 2005

And That's All I Have to Say About That

This is my favorite kid story. It is at once charming, while ever so subtly underlining what could be described by some as my near-abusive parenting techniques.

When my oldest son was around 5 years old, I was driving him home from school one day. He was prattling on about some school stuff from the back seat, then asked me, "Mom, what are we having for dinner?"
"Chicken."
"*I* won't eat chicken!! What else are we having?"
"Broccoli."
"*I* won't eat broccoli!! What else are we having?"
"Carrots."
"*I* won't eat carrots!--

At this point, I broke in with "ANDREW. If I put SHIT on a plate and put it in front of you, YOU are going to eat it!!"

Dead, absolute silence from the back seat. Then,

"Well, I won't eat carrots with it."

For your dialing convenience: 1-800-4ACHILD 24 Hour Hotline. Just in case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I hurt myself laughing