Thursday, January 26, 2006

HNT: First Time, Ever!

Okay, here's something I haven't shared with, well, most of you, but I have a tattoo on my lower back, which I have since found out is termed a "Tramp Stamp" because all the strippers have them. I'm pretty sure I read that on a blog, but I'm hesitant to google search those words...

Anyway, the letters are my Husband's initials (he is a III) which also happen to be MY initials, which also happen to be our Son's initials! So, we are [cubed] get it?


My tramp stamp is/was a gift for my then boyfriend/now husband for Valentine's Day 2 years ago. My friend and I went to a tattoo parlor near her house, and She got her then boyfriend/now husband's last name above some fancy scrolling and flames with roses. Then I stepped up to the bat. Now, I had heard (from TB/NH) that getting a tattoo felt like a mild burning sensation. However, he failed to tell me that it felt like a mild burning sensation on top of the sensation of 283764 knives carving open my flesh. The poor tattoo guy had made 3 outline strokes before I felt like I was going to pass out/puke and he had to stop. I got up and encouraged my friend to traipse right on back to her house and get me some fortified tylenols, which I consumed. (now I know why most people get drunk before getting a tattoo) All I could think of was, I am NOT going home to my honey with 3 black marks carved into my back and the rest of a bunch of smeared marker outlines! So, I bucked up and took it like a man. (and by that, I mean that I had to bend over a couple of stools)


Oh, and I HAVE mentioned that I received a nice copy of adobe photoshop for christmas...I don't want want anyone to think I'm trying to fool them into believing that my skin looks like that. I am wearing a waffle textured shirt and was too impatient to wait for the grid marks to disappear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty! I like the meaning behind it too.

I'm such a nerd mine lower back tat is an atom. Yeah. I'm cool. :-p

Christine said...

Nice tat. I always wanted one, but I never got one for three reasons:

1) They say you never get just one.

2) THE PAIN.

3) Regretting it later.

Back when tats were illegal in Mass, I went with a friend up to Tattoo America in Seabrook, NH. She had Winnie the Pooh tattooed on her shoulder with a balloon. It's really cute, but she had a similar reaction to the needles. That kinda did it for me.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Any thought I may have entertained about getting a tattoo anywhere on my body just 'left the building'!
I do not want to go through that kind of pain...ever! (lol) But yours looks really really nice!

Thabks for coming by my blog and for your comment...

utenzi said...

Nice tat, Robin.