Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Hope the Salt Dissolves their Finger

It seems I never run out of "bloggable moments" around here. My post about the carwash PRECEDED an unsolicited walk-by "Wash-me"ing scrawled into my rear window over the weekend. My car was blanketed in a thick "Protective" covering of salt after a trip to CT during a snowstorm and really stood out from the rest of the cars in the neighborhood. So, I decided to take it to a drive-through carwash at a gas station. First of all, I had to wait LITERALLY 45 minutes behind 4 other cars, rather than my fervent dream that those ahead of me would spontaneously "part" like the Red Sea in tribute to my OBVIOUS extreme need. When I finally got into the bay, it turned out to be a touchless carwash (no brushes--although I am sure the rest of the world that actually does WASH their car more than every 3 years knows this) so I was a little skeptical about the effectiveness, but it was a pretty vigorous wash. As I was leaving, though...I took one last look in the rear view mirror. Sure enough, you can still see the "Wash Me" as clear as day. Bastards.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Maybe they read 30 Days of DO. ;)

Wasn't me!

rashbre said...

I once had a wall trick or treated with shaving foam. ALthough it was washed away it left a faint trace for a long time. It finally took someone driving into the wall to remove it. No I am not making this up.

And Hello, Michele sent me!

rashbre

Malinda777 said...

I hate people that somehow violate you with their not-so-funny fingerprints :)

My car looks like shit now too. :)

Here from Michele