Friday, July 29, 2005

The One Where I Make Sure I Show Up in Image Search, Too!

A search for "bugbite looks like a bullseye" on Yahoo led some poor unsuspecting fool to my blog today, so I thought I'd give them pictures to look at if they ever come back. This is the ECM (Erythema Chronica Migrans,) also known as the "Bullseye" rash, that someone with Lyme Disease develops in the first stages of the disease. This is referring to this post wherein my poor little nephew, Logan, was discovered to have Lyme Disease, and these pictures are of his particular ECM (posted with his Mommy's permission.) The treatment at this stage is Amoxicillin by mouth. His Mommy found out at the same time that SHE had symptoms of the disease all along, so she is now on Doxycycline by mouth. My poor son, who developed Bell's Palsy from Lyme Meningitis, had to have a permanent IV inserted and went on IV medications for 2 months, so don't let it get to that stage! Oh, and YES, I am from East LYME, Connecticut, for anyone wondering whether there is a plague or something. Something like 85% of us have the antibodies indicating we either have it, or had it, or were exposed to it at one point. It doesn't help that I grew up in a Forest. Also, in case you were wondering, I AM using this public service announcement as a foil to prevent telling you all that I did NOTHING in my studio, once again on a Friday. What can I say? With 2 tiny quick trips to the mall, I got rid of every single kid in my household...had to enjoy the silence with my honey! So, I work this weekend, and any of you who have been following along know that this means that you only get to hear my witty commentary for 2 days, rather than enjoy the beauty that is my scintillating artwork. I know you're all looking forward to that...

1 comment:

tomawesome said...

wow, did you see my infection pic? everyone asked "did they ever find out how you got it?" and I never have any reassuring words for them. hey thx for leaving a note on my blog; that's why I came to check out your site :)